So on my Instagram page, I was tagged by @isimplylovebooks to do the #musicchallenge. The basic idea of it that I got was list 20 consecutive songs and list them, then post a picture of books with them . I decided to take a step further and find a book to go with each song and example why I chose said book. So, it is like the book shuffle/playlist book tag that Booktubers want to do.
So here are the songs and books that I ended up getting/choosing. Enjoy!
1) Song: Tightrope by Janelle Monae Book: Divergent by Veronica Roth
I really chose this book based so many of lyrics from this song being about being your own person/different and people hating on you fits so well with the whole idea of Divergent/the whole series. Honestly I don’t have a big summary of why, it is just that simple. I almost chose the book I used for #7 for this, but decided not to, though you could interchange them.
2) Song: Ironic by Alanis Morissette Book: To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han
I really want to say why I chose this book to go with this song, but if I do it will end up spoiling it for people who have not read it yet. I honestly think, if you have read it already, you will know why I chose it.
3) Song: Out of My Head by Digital Daggers Book: Torn by Amanda Hocking
Simple enough, Wendy and Finn.
4) Song: The Only Exception by Paramore Book: The Summer I Turned Pretty Series by Jenny Han
Once again, Simple enough, Belly and Conrad ❤
5) Song: Island of Misfit Toys Book: Miss. Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ranson Riggs
I honestly think this is the most fitting song of them all. This book is literally about an Island of Misfit toys, but the island is a home.
6) Song: Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson Book: Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I haven’t actually read this book yet and only have a basic idea about what it is about, but I chose this book because they share the same title.
7) Song: Brave by Sara Bareilles Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Because Katniss is a kick ass and Brave heroin.
8) Song: Out Tonight from Rent Book: We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
The song is about having a good time and living you life, which a lot of We All Looked Up is about.
9) Song: Firework by Katy Perry Book: This Star Won’t Go Out by Esther Earl
Because Esther Earl is/was a firework and as long as her book is around and people who remember her are around she will continue to be a firework.
10) Song: Turning Tables- Adele Book: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Since this book is still quite new, the non-spoiler reason is going to be left at Lara Jean/Peter
11) Song: Supa Dope by Kat Grahams Book: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
12) Song: That’s How You Know by Demi Lovato Book: The One by Kiera Cass
America and Maxon ❤
13) Song: Linger by The Cranberries Book: Looking for Alaska by John Green
Despite the song and book have nothing in common, I chose it because of how Alaska lingers in every ones life once she is gone.
14) Song: Glitter in the Air by Pink Book: If I Stay by Gayle Forman
This really has to do with Adams love for Mia in this story.
15) Song: Make You Feel My Love by Lea Michele Book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters ❤
16) Song: Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton Book: Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
Literally Annabeth going all over the place with Percy and them falling in love with each other.
17) Song: You Learn by Alanis Morissette Book: Where She Went by Gayle Forman
How both Adam and Mia grew as people in this book in the sense of the present story, but also flashbacks.
18) Song: It’s Time by Imagine Dragons Book: Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
I picked this because as soon as the song came on, I kept looking at the book and thought “Hey, if this is how it is going to be, I’ll just pick this book.”
19) Song: Lips Are Movin by Meghan Trainor Book: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
Girl meets boy, boy lies to girl.
20)Song: Every Breathe You Take by Denmark & Winter Book: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Just how Holder is with Sky.
So there are my 20 songs and the books that go with them. If you liked how I did this, go ahead and do it on your blog, I would love to see what you come up with!
My Goodreads Page:
My Instagram: https://instagram.com/bookishjessp/